The Library of the Latvian National Museum of Art is available for visitors on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 12pm till 5pm.
The Library was established in 1905. Museum’s architect and first museum director Wilhelm Neumann had foreseen a special room for library already in the museum’s project .
Up to now the Library of the Latvian National Museum of Art was a closed library, accessible mainly to museum specialists, students, art historians and professors at art universities. The library holds nearly 30 000 books about art and culture.
After the restruction of the museum the library’s premises have been extended and today it is available to all the visitors.