Art Museum RIGA BOURSE is open for everyone and strives to maintain an environment that is accessible and adapted to all. This section gathers useful information for planning a visit to the museum for people with reduced mobility as well as visual or hearing impairment and contains practical information of general interest.
Accessibility of Environment, Car Park and Entrance to the Building
- A 3-minute walk away from the entrance to the Art Museum RIGA BOURSE, in Smilšu iela 6 (on the corner with Aldara iela) there are 3 free parking places for persons with disabilities holding a parking permit. The nearest car parks can be found here.
- The museum building is located in the Old Town, street-level step-free access is from Doma laukums. Reaching the entrance involves crossing a cobbled street surface.
Description of the Building
- The museum is accessible for people using wheelchairs and pushchairs and other visitors with reduced mobility.
- The museum building has a lift providing access to all floors, the door of the lift opens to the width of 98 cm. Buttons in the control panel are labelled in Braille.
- Toilets for visitors with functional disabilities are available on Floor 0 next to the cloakroom.
- Guide and assistance dogs are permitted inside the museum.
- The museum uses a unified navigation system on informative panels. The museum's floor plan is available here (in Latvian).
- Audio announcements in three languages are played 30 and 15 minutes before the museum's closing time, advising the visitors to make their way to the exit.
- Generally, the premises of the museum are sufficiently and uniformly illuminated, without sharp changes in lighting. Please contact us to receive detailed information on the use of artificial and natural light in the building.
- In the museum's permanent exhibition, atrium and floor 0 there are benches for visitors. In the exhibition on the 4th floor there is a rest area with a view towards Doma laukums.
- The museum uses pictograms and signage to help visitors find their way around the premises.
Accessibility of Services
- Children under 18 with disabilities, persons with group I or II disabilities (on presenting a disability certificate) and one person accompanying a child under 18 with disabilities or a person with group I disability as well as orphans or children without parental care (on presenting a certificate) are entitled to free admission to the museum.
- Guided tours by the museum's specialists can be adapted to the needs of the audience by agreeing the course of the activity in advance.
- For visitors with bicycles: The museum has a bicycle parking stand, which is located in the passage from Mazā Pils iela. The bicycle stand is only accessible during the museum's opening hours.
- Information about the opening hours and ticket prices.
For Visitors with Children
- The infrastructure of the building is friendly to families with children. Owing to the lift and ramps, all exhibition halls and the cloakroom is accessible with pushchairs.
- In the exhibition on the 4th floor there is a rest area with a view towards Doma laukums that will be convenient for the entire family.
- The museum's toilet on Floor 0 near the cloakroom also contains baby changing facilities.
- Pushchairs are allowed inside the museum's exhibition halls, it is possible to leave them in the museum's cloakroom.
- For the convenience of our youngest visitors, children's pushchairs for interior use are available in the museum's cloakroom.
- Information about the museum's offer for families with children can be found here.