The permanent exhibition FOREST OF SCULPTURES is open for everyone and strives to maintain an environment that is accessible and adapted to all. This section gathers useful information for planning a visit to the museum for people with reduced mobility as well as visual or hearing impairment and contains practical information of general interest.
Accessibility of Environment, Car Park, Arriving by Public Transport and Entrance to the Building
- To the left of the main entrance to the Museum Storage Facility there is a free car park including a parking place for persons with disabilities who hold a parking permit.
- The Museum Storage Facility can be reached by public transport operated by Rīgas satiksme: take bus route No. 3 to Ūdens iela or tram route No. 5 to Eiženijas iela
- At the main entrance to the building there is a ramp, the main doors open automatically.
Description of the Building
- The Museum Storage Facility is accessible to people with wheelchairs and pushchairs as well as other visitors with reduced mobility.
- The Museum Storage Facility has a lift that ensures access to all floors, the door opens to the width of 90 cm. The buttons in the control panel are labelled in Braille.
- Toilets for visitors with functional disabilities are available on the 1st floor.
- Guide and assistance dogs are permitted inside the museum.
- Generally, the exhibition spaces are sufficiently and uniformly illuminated, without sharp changes in lighting. Please contact us to receive detailed information about the use of artificial and natural light in the building.
- Pictograms and signage are used in the building to help finding way around the premises.
Accessibility of Services
- The exhibition can be visited free of charge. Information about pricing for additional services is available here.
- For visitors with bicycles: bicycle parking stands are located to the left of the main entrance to the building.
- Information about the opening hours is available here.